Remembering Why I Write: For Jesus

Pleasant Hill Oregon
 
   The writing journey continues even as the world is in peril. The journey to become closer to Jesus Christ continues as well, and these two aspects of my life need to align and work together. I find that I can become distracted by the quest to make money and have the best writing foundation I can create. Thus I branch out and spend countless hours researching new sites, methods, and strategies which I can use to one day make enough to justify writing at least half time for a job.

   What I don't want to do though is get distracted from Jesus, and anything that takes me away from praying, reading my Bible, and doing what he puts in front of me, needs to go. I think my will gets in the way sometimes, and my will is to write and make a living doing it.

   I even became aware today after listening to Steve Quayle and Greg Evenson on the Hagmann and Hagmann Report radio show(show link), of my resentfulness that there may not be enough time to realize this dream of mine, of writing for a living. Right when my life becomes stable enough and I have the opportunity and sound mind enough to write an e-book, and on-line, then the reality is there isn't much time left in this world.

   The reality is, there isn't much time left in this country especially, not to live the way we have been living. The time now needs to be spent preparing and getting supplies together for the chaos that is surely going to come here in America, and the world. It's not fear mongering, it's the judgment of God, it's reaping what we have sown. Yet, knowing all this, I still want there to be this future where I can be a writer and make a living.

   We have to plan for the future, yes, but also we have to be prepared for the worst. I can't say how long the Internet will be on as it is, or the power, or the system as we know it. All I know is the writing is on the wall, and we are going to suffer great calamity in the coming years. What seems to be the case is in 2015, there is a convergence of cycles which depict many catastrophic events.

   We are just sheep, grazing about wanting to keep eating. There is turmoil in much of the world already, the whole mess is a boiling pot. We can't do anything without Jesus Christ when this hits. We are lost without Jesus, that's one thing I know for sure. So writing will pass, the Internet will pass, everything that we are used to in our normal day to day life will pass, except Jesus Christ. Jesus will always stay the same, and even if the lights go out, he is a lamp unto our feet.


   So, as I grapple with what site to use for my back-links. Or what I have to do in order to make a certain amount through some revenue site, Jesus is saying, hey, I'll provide for you. Write about me, use your talents for me, and I will provide for you. Although I slip and get distracted here and there, I come back to Jesus, and remember why I'm writing in the first place.  


Comments

Follow LDT on Substack